A recipe created for and consumed with gusto by Keith Wildman, El Presidente of A.F.P.O. Calpe.
250g of Bergader Blue Cheese (from the cheese and ham stall on Calpé market) Other good, soft blue cheese can be substituted.
2 x 125g cartons of Griego Greek style yoghurt (from Mercadona)
1 tblsp of crushed garlic and finely chopped parsley
1/2 tsp of freshely ground black pepper
Blend all the ingredients together – Simples!
(Then see how long you can keep your sampling finger out of it!)
Serve with crudites, crisps and gluten-free toast fingers for dipping.
125g Margarine/Olive Oil Spread/Butter
125g Granualated Sugar
2 Medium eggs lightly beaten
1tsp Vanilla Extract
100g Rice Flour
25g Tapioca Starch
2 tsp Gluten-Free baking powder
1. Pre heat the oven to 180degrees C
2. In a mixing bowl, beat the butter & Sugar untill pale & fluffy.
3. Add the beaten eggs a little at a time, whicsking to incorporate.
4. Beat in the vanilla extract.
5.Mix the flour, baking powder and tapioca starch together.
6. Sift in half the flours & Fold into the mixture.
7. Add the milk & the rest of the flour & Fold into the mixtureuntil well combined.
8. Spon into the paper cases.
9. Cook for 20minutes or untill golden brown ontop.
10. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
Number of Servings: 20